SIGN UP NOW - to join the Hope Army
WHAT IS #HOPEARMY?
A community of patients, care partners, supporters, and advocates raising awareness of lung cancer, the need for early detection and screening options, access to medication and new treatments. One voice can make a difference, imagine if we all used ours!
We need you to help spread awareness of the massive impact this disease has on far too many Canadians.
When you join #HopeArmy you are joining voices and actions to support the lung cancer community across the Country.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Lung Cancer Canada will email you missions that you can choose to participate in. Missions include such things as:
You can also purchase items from our #HopeArmy store, such as hats, t-shirts, window decals and more. Funds raised go directly to support programs and services at Lung Cancer Canada. Click here to see our merchandise here.
- Sharing our social media posts to help spread important facts and updates.
- Use the hashtag #HopeArmy when posting on social media.
- Let others know you’ve joined, and WHY they should too!
- Join our virtual and in-person events to arm yourself with knowledge so you can help share with others. Events include our local patient summits, support groups, webinars, podcasts, Give a Breath 5k walk/run, Evening of Hope and more.
KNOW THE FACTS!
- 30,000 people are diagnosed with lung cancer in Canada each year.
- Lung cancer has the highest mortality rate of all cancers.
- Every 2 hours someone dies from lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer yet is vastly underfunded in comparison to all other cancers.
- Only 6% of Federal funding for cancer research is spent on lung cancer.